Frequently Asked Questions
- Stealth Pro Keyboard case questions?
- Universal Stealth Power case questions?
- What sort of warranty does M-Edge offer?
- When will my order ship?
- I am a domestic customer. Which shipping options apply to me?
- Is there any sales tax on domestic orders?
- I am an international customer. How will my order be shipped?
- The item I want to order is not currently available for purchase. When will it be available?
- I made a mistake on my order, how can I change it?
- How can I cancel my order?
- What if the order ships before I am able to contact you?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Has my order shipped? How can I track my package?
- How do I return an item?
- I received an M-Edge item as a gift, how do I return it?
- The price of the item I recently purchased has just been reduced. Will M-Edge honor the lower price?
- How can I place a bulk order?
- Questions about Design Your Own and Style Library
- How can I contact M-Edge Accessories?
Stealth Pro Keyboard case questions?
Please click here to go to our Stealth Pro Keyboard case FAQ
Universal Stealth Power case questions?
Please click here to go to our Universal Stealth Power case FAQ
What sort of warranty does M-Edge offer?
Most of our products are covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty which guarantees that the M-Edge product you buy will be free from manufacturing or material defects for the life of that product. You can also view the Limited Lifetime warranty by clicking on the blue warranty circle at the bottom of any page on our website.
Any products that are not covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty will have their own specific warranty listed under the Specs tab on the product's page. For example: Our e-Luminator Booklights are backed by a Six Month Limited Warranty against material or manufacturing defects.
If you have any questions or concerns about our products or warranties, please contact our Customer Service team.
When will my order ship?
Most In Stock items ordered Monday-Friday before 12pm noon (Eastern Time) will ship out that same day. Orders for In Stock items placed after 12pm noon (Eastern Time) or on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday will typically ship out on the following business day (Monday-Friday excluding certain holidays). Please note that selecting a faster shipping method will decrease the amount of time it takes for your order to reach you after it has left our warehouse but it will not expedite order processing time.
Orders for Design Your Own and Style Library/Gallery covers are custom printed and assembled on demand in the USA and normally take 10-15 business days to make before they are ready to ship out of our factory in Missouri.
Please also note that occasionally there are delays caused by various factors outside our control. Should there be a delay in the shipping of your order we will do our very best to notify you via e-mail as quickly as possible.
I am a domestic customer. Which shipping options apply to me?
M-Edge ships domestically via FedEx with the following exceptions:
- Orders being shipped to APO/FPO or Puerto Rico/US Territory addresses are shipped via FedEx SmartPost (and Military Mail where applicable).
- Packages being shipped using our Saver Shipping option will be sent via SmartPost. With SmartPost service, FedEx delivers your package to a United States Postal Service (USPS) facility near the package's destination for final delivery by a postal carrier. This service typically takes 6-11 days, but may take longer.
Please note: All regular FedEx shipping options require a physical address for delivery as FedEx cannot deliver to PO Boxes. Listing a PO Box address will limit your shipping method choices to Saver Shipping via SmartPost. Saver Shipping is only $5 to customers within the 48 contiguous United States.
Our "Standard" shipping is via FedEx Ground/Home Delivery service and delivery times are typically 3-5 days, although there is no guaranteed delivery date for this service. If Two Business Day shipping is selected, the order is guaranteed to be delivered by the end of the 2nd business day after the ship date.
M-Edge offers an overnight shipping option via Fedex Next Business Day Shipping for destinations in the 48 contiguous United States only. Orders must be placed before noon (12p.m. Eastern Time) for delivery Next Business Day. Orders placed on Saturday, Sunday or holidays will ship out on the following business day to be delivered on the business day after that. Overnight shipping is subject to in-stock availability of the item(s) ordered.
Custom items or items available for preorder or on backorder will ship once they are available. Please consider this when selecting a shipping speed.
Is there any sales tax on domestic orders?
Maryland residents must pay a 6% sales tax. Virginia residents must pay a 5% sales tax. No sales tax is applied for sales shipped to other states.
I am an international customer. How will my order be shipped?
If the shipping address is located in any of the following countries, the order will ship via the United States Postal Service (USPS) International Mail. Additional fees, such as duties and taxes, may be charged by your local Customs or Post Office and are not included in the shipping amount charged by M-Edge.
- Falkland Islands
All other countries will ship via FedEx. FedEx should not charge you any additional fees for delivery as duties and taxes are covered by the shipping amount included with your order.
Custom products: Design Your Own and Style Library These items are custom printed on demand and take 1-2 weeks to be made. Once they are made they will be shipped by one of the carriers listed above according to the delivery country.
The item I want to order is not currently available for purchase. When will it be available?
We aspire to 100% in-stock availability. However, if we are out-of-stock of a particular item but will have more available shortly, you will be able to sign up to receive an email notification as soon as the item is back up for sale. Once the item is available, you will be notified by an M-Edge representative. To sign up, simply click on the desired color option for that item and enter your email address in the pop-up.
I made a mistake on my order, how can I change it?
If you notice a mistake on your order, please contact M-Edge Customer Service. If the order has not shipped yet, most errors can be corrected easily.
How can I cancel my order?
If you need to cancel your order, immediately contact M-Edge Customer Service. Most "unshipped" orders can be cancelled; however, once an order is being processed for shipment we will not be able to cancel it. Please refer to M-Edge's return instructions to return any unwanted items for a refund.
Please note: all custom "Design Your Own" covers and Style Library covers are not returnable and orders for these items cannot be cancelled once placed. If there is a printing issue with the design submitted for your customized cover, a customer service representative will contact you.
What if the order ships before I am able to contact you?
If the item ships out before you are able to contact us, you have 60 days from the purchase date to return the item(s) for a full refund of the purchase price. Please contact M-Edge Customer Service for return instructions. Please note: all custom "Design Your Own" and Style Library covers are not returnable.
When will my credit card be charged?
At the time your order is placed an authorization for the full amount of the order will be run on your credit card. Once your order has been prepared for shipment the full amount will be charged to your credit card. For orders containing Design Your Own or Style Library custom made items the full amount will be charged when the production process begins. We will only charge your credit card once per order and no partial or split payments will be processed. In the event that the order is cancelled we will either not charge the card and the authorization will clear in a few days or, if cancelled after it was charged, we will issue a full refund back to the credit card used to place the order. If you are unsure if your credit card statement is showing an authorization, charge or refund please contact the credit card issuing company for clarification.
Has my order shipped? How can I track my package?
Once your item has shipped we will email you a shipping confirmation providing the carrier service and tracking number for your package. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation email please contact M-Edge Customer Service.
How do I return an item?
We can only process returns and exchanges for items shipped directly by M-Edge. We do sell many of our products through other retailers, including but not limited to, Best Buy, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, Target, Walmart and an assortment of other retail websites. If you purchased your M-Edge product from another retailer, you will need to return your item according to that merchant's policies. If you are unsure where your M-Edge product shipped from, please contact M-Edge Customer Service and we will be happy to assist you.
You have up to 60 days from the purchase date to return an item for either an exchange or store credit. Returns must be received and processed within 30 days from the purchase date for a full refund of the purchase price to be issued back to the original method of payment. If an item is received past 30 days we can only issue store credit or an exchange. We can only process exchanges on items of the same price. If the item you would like in return is of a different price we would need to issue a refund or store credit for the original purchase and you can place a new order for the desired item. You can view all of our available accessories and current prices on our website, www.medgestore.com.
IMPORTANT! - This policy does not apply to Design Your Own covers or covers ordered through our Style Library/Gallery. These items are custom made on demand and are not returnable.
Domestic US customers qualify for free return shipping. Please contact the M-Edge Customer Service Team for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and free shipping label. Shipping charges incurred by using any other return method will not be refunded. We are sorry, but we are not able to offer free international returns at this time.
To return an item for a refund or exchange, please contact M-Edge Customer Service.
I received an M-Edge item as a gift, how do I return it?
Items received as a gift can be returned and exchanged for an item of the same value or for M-Edge store credit equal to the purchase price of the returned item for use on our website at www.medgestore.com. If the item you would like in exchange is of a different price we would need to issue a store credit for the original purchase and you can place a new order for the desired item and use an additional method of payment to cover the balance. You can view all of our available accessories and current prices on our website, www.medgestore.com.
To return a gift item, please contact M-Edge Customer Service. Please note: all "Design Your Own" covers and Style Library covers are custom made and are not returnable.
The price of the item I recently purchased has just been reduced. Will M-Edge honor the lower price?
We offer a one-time price adjustment if an item is marked down within seven (7) days of the date of your purchase. To obtain a price adjustment for an online purchase, the item must have been purchased at medgestore.com, and you must contact M-Edge Customer Service within the seven (7) day window. Include your order number in your e-mail message. If you are within the deadline, we'll refund the difference to your original form of payment. Please allow five (5) business days for your account to be refunded.
Note: Price adjustments can only be made on items purchased through our website, medgestore.com. However, price adjustments may not apply to certain one-day-only or limited time special deals that M-Edge does occasionally. Please refer to any restrictions on the promotion in question.
M-Edge cannot honor price adjustments for orders placed through other retailers nor can we honor sales prices available from other retailers.
How can I place a bulk order?
If you (or your company) are interested in placing a bulk order for our products, please review the following guidelines. M-Edge considers bulk orders to be product quantities of 100 or more units. Shipping for bulk orders can take up to 5 weeks for delivery. If you have a customization request for your bulk order, M-Edge requires review of such requests before order commitment and requests are not guaranteed. For more information please contact M-Edge Customer Service.
Questions about Design Your Own and Style Library
For which devices can I purchase a custom cover, either through Design Your Own or Style Library?
- Currently we offer these custom products for the Amazon Kindle 3 (3rd Generation Kindle Keyboard), the Amazon Kindle Touch, the Amazon Kindle (4th Generation), the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (original and 2013 version), the Amazon Kindle Fire, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7", the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9", the Apple iPad 1 - 4, iPad Air and the Apple iPad Mini 1 & 2. We are working on expanding our selection of supported devices and will update our website just as soon as they are available. Looking for a cover for a specific device? Please contact us via email http://www.medgestore.com/about/contact/.
Can I create separate designs for the front and back of my cover, or do I have to use the same design across the front and back?
- Our customization tool gives you the option for both! You may either drag your image across both sides (front and back) of the cover, or you may choose different images for each side.
What does the dashed line along the inside perimeter of the design canvas represent?
The dashed line represents the approximate location of the stitching near the edge of the cover. The assembly process requires designs to extend beyond this area to eliminate unwanted blank space appearing near the stitch line.
Tip - If you want your entire image to appear on the exterior of the cover, you can size it to fit between the dashed lines and "frame" it with a solid color or pattern background. Remember to allow room for the spine! Check all the views of the Preview Design carefully to make sure you are happy with your arrangement.
How can I get my text to the desired size?
If you are experiencing difficulty getting your text to the desired size, try making each line of text a separate text box so that you can manipulate the size and placement of each individual line of text.
Tip: Don't make your text too small. Because your design will be printed on textured canvas, font sizes that are too small may not print legibly. If you can't read your text clearly in the Design Preview, it is very likely that it won't be legible on your finished cover. If you would like to incorporate several lines of small text, we would recommend using one of the other fonts.
**As a general rule of thumb, if the writing is not easily read on the preview image, it will not be easily read on the finished product.**
I want to create my design in another program. How do I transfer it to the custom design tool?
- It is possible to create your design in other illustration programs like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or Microsoft Paint and upload your design to the custom design canvas. However, the file must be a jpg, gif or png to transfer properly.
Why won't my image upload?
- If your image won't upload, it is likely due to the file size. Our custom design tool supports images up to a maximum area of 16,777,215 pixels, and neither height nor width can exceed 8191 pixels. To calculate image area, multiply the width by the height of your image. If your image does not meet this criteria, try resizing the image prior to uploading.
Is my custom cover compatible with the e-Luminator booklight?
- All custom e-reader covers are compatible with the e-Luminator booklight. Covers for tablets, such as the iPad or the Kindle Fire, are not compatible with the booklight. Enjoy your nighttime reading with the enhanced e-Luminator Touch, a breakthrough booklight with 3 light intensities, touch activated power button, 1-hour sleep timer, extended battery life span, and flexible neck to allow for tailored device illumination. Custom covers for Kindle and Nook include a sewn-in pocket on the upper right hand side of the cover for easy insertion of the e-Luminator booklight. Don't forget to add an e-Luminator booklight to your cart during checkout!
What will the colors look like on my finished custom cover?
Because custom designs are printed on a cotton-linen blended material, the colors on your finished cover may not represent the exact high-resolution colors a photo would show on your computer while designing. You can upload a JPG or other common image format and it will print nicely, however there may be colors in your image that can't be reproduced by pigments on fabric in our printer (very bright colors, absolute blacks, and very saturated colors, for example). We make every attempt to match colors as closely as possible; however, we cannot guarantee an exact color match for all colors chosen for customized covers.
A few tips:
- Use lighter colors for backgrounds. Highly saturated dark colors over solid areas will not have the visual impact they do in the digital version of your design; they are more prone to flaws in the print process, and will not carry as much saturation when translated onto fabric. Any area of solid color larger than a few square inches will work best in a lighter tone.
- Dark colors work well as foreground and detail elements, although they will render somewhat lighter than they do on your monitor.
- Use contrasting colors next to each other. Subtler distinctions in shade (e.g. forest green vs. emerald green) won't transition as noticeably as they do on your monitor. Dark colors that are similar to each other may blend together without enough contrast.
- Individual settings on your computer's monitor can also affect color perception. Colors in fabric can look very different than they do on your computer monitor. Light goes through and bounces off of color on fabric, whereas colored light comes out of a screen.
- Colors you have chosen might "shift" to colors you weren't expecting if they are out-of-gamut for our printers.
- We print on a cotton canvas fabric which is made up of natural fibers and sometimes small imperfections in the material can be visible. When loose bits of fibers clump together you get 'slubs', which are defined as "a soft lump or thick irregular place in yarn or fabric." Slubs can often be loosely attached to the fabric and, once printed on, sometimes peel off, taking some of the ink with them and revealing the white canvas underneath. This is normal with the combination of printing technique and fabric that we use and is not considered a defect.
Will I be able to use my iPad 2's or iPad 3's camera while in a custom cover?
- Yes. Custom covers for the iPad 2 or 3 feature our uView mounting system, which allows you to slide the mounting system up within the cover to expose the camera for use.
I'd like to order custom covers with our company logo for everyone in my office. Can I get a bulk order discount?
We are happy to accommodate bulk orders. Discounts depend on the number of covers ordered. For more information, please email us using our Contact Us form http://www.medgestore.com/about/contact/ and include:
- Which device you would like to purchase covers for
- How many covers you would like to purchase
How can I contact M-Edge Accessories?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our products or your order, we can be contacted via email or telephone. To contact us via email please visit http://www.medgestore.com/about/contact/.